Sunday, May 4, 2008

Obsticals

So, I am back in BC and loving it but I am doing NO yoga! I have seriously only practiced once in the two weeks I have been back here. My plan is to try out each yoga studio in town and then decide on one that I love and stick with it. I have to say that not having a group of yogis here, like in Ottawa, is making getting on the mat more difficult. Oh and there is only one Bikram studio and it is super expensive...and a little bit stinky.
Does anyone have any suggestions or laments that they are finding?
xo Kaisha

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kaisha,

I'd like to remind you that you have got all the knowledge you need to keep going on your yoga path.
Try a simple 15min breathing practice every morning (Breath of Fire, Alternate Nostril breath) and 15min meditation at night.
If you are already doing this, good job!

"Keep up and be kept up" - Y. Bhajan


Namaste,
Alex

Kaisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaisha said...

Hey Kaisha,
No worries, you're not alone. :)

Like Jamine always said, just get on the mat. Who cares about yesterday because it's already gone. Be here, now. :)

Your post has helped me, I was beating myself up (not practising ahimsa :S) over not being on the mat myself, having created my own obstacles, and not taking my own advice. But as Alex has so positively encouraged, it takes only a few minutes of your day, just like remembering to breathe ... and then taking that further and noticing *how* you are breathing. That in itself is a start. If it is encouragement you want, then lets join hearts (from across the country), tonight before bed, let's set aside 15 mins to meditate. Let's be specific ... 10 PM my time I will meditate for 15 minutes, then you do the same at your 10PM before your bedtime (or earlier if you go to bed earlier than 10) ... I will be checking in with you tomorrow after work. :D

Please don't be hard on yourself, the next minute is a new minute, a new 'day', take a big yogi inhale 4 secs- exhale 4. Be with your breath and voila you are on the path to being back into yoga practice. :)

Best wishes.

PS I love you all. HYTT-08 such a pleasant group.

xoxox
Namaste
Liz